When the unexpected happens, it’s important to get the message out to the public as quickly as possible. The public will look to your website for updates and information –but what if the person in charge of your website isn’t available?
Write a Text – Create a Banner on School Sites, Municipal Sites
360Civic provides a service that allows you to convert a text message from any phone into a banner that can be uploaded within seconds to your site’s home page.
This type of rapid updating may prove critical – even lifesaving – in a wide range of circumstances:
- Flash floods, fires or other natural disaster
- School shooting
- Traffic accidents that limit access to public buildings
How Does it Work?
It’s a simple three-step process that takes just seconds:
- Select the type of banner required using pre-loaded keywords (alert, emergency, all clear, etc.)
- Add text to the banner template
- Press “send” and the website is immediately updated
Why Texting for Disaster Preparedness?
Besides the speed and convenience of sending a message this way, texting has proven to be consistently more reliable in times of natural or manmade disasters than phone calls or emails. Since just about everyone has texting capabilities now, these alerts can be added to the site from anywhere.
Maintaining the Security of Your Public Sector Website
You will authorize which of your department personnel will have access to this system. Since texting is locked into a specific phone number, password and individual, hacking is virtually impossible.
This service can be customized for the needs of each type of client we serve.
- Crisis and Disaster Preparedness for Municipal Websites
- Crisis and Disaster Preparedness for School Websites
- Crisis and Disaster Preparedness for Utility/Water District Websites
- Crisis and Disaster Preparedness for Court Websites