Copywriting for court websites begins with information gathering. An efficient approach to that process is what keeps these expansive projects on track, and helps us to complete them on time and on budget. We break it down in three simple steps:
1. Initial Meeting
We’ll discuss how the writing component supports the overall objectives of the website project. With a superior court website, that might be making it easier for the public to find the location of the court, what to do if they receive a jury duty notice, or how to pay a parking ticket by mail. Once we know what the end result should be, we’ll be ready to go to work.
Our writing team will schedule brief interviews with the personnel responsible for each section of your website. We’ll review current copy and ask what needs to be expanded, deleted or updated. We’ll discuss options for additional changes, for overall clarification or to improve SEO.
3. Revised Drafts
Following the interview, we’ll create a revised draft incorporating the changes discussed, and email it to you for review. Should additional revisions be necessary, we’ll complete them quickly and to your specifications.
By utilizing this method, we obtain the guidance we need to write dozens, even hundreds of website pages with minimal interference in the day-to-day responsibilities of your personnel.
Creating Additional Content for Court Websites
When preparing for a launch or re-launch of a court website, the priority is always on the essential pages. That does not account for other components that also enhance its quality and status, such as blogs and whitepapers. We can develop any or all of the following as needed:
- Blogs – Blogs have become an essential aspect of online communication. Whether you need a complex new law explained, or wish to honor the distinguished career of a judge who has announced her retirement, 360 can create blogs in your "voice" on the topics of your choice – or select appropriate topics for you.
- Whitepapers – Court websites are consulted by thousands of constituents seeking reliable information on a wide range of judicial subjects. We can research and write whitepapers that bolster your site as an official authority on legal issues.
- Acknowledgements/Endorsements – Let us help you share the successful results of new programs and initiatives, or promote positive feedback from people who benefit from your programs and services. These may be one-sentence testimonials, or more in-depth ‘before and after’ reviews.
- Technical Papers – Our writing team can deliver a technical paper on any aspect of your organization.
- Social Media - can be a big driver of traffic to your site. We’ll find ways to incorporate it within the site’s overall presentation.
As a result of this comprehensive approach to the copywriting component of your project, 360 delivers consistent, professional results with as little disruption to your work routine as possible.