Writing and content development are frequently the biggest obstacles to completing a civic website project on time.
Your personnel are the experts who know what information needs to appear on every page of your site. But getting departments and team members together to solicit content ideas may take longer than anticipated.
We get it – the responsibilities of your positions already require all of your professional time – the last thing you need is another project. That’s why we do everything we can to make that process faster and easier.
Professional Writers Experienced With Government Websites
The 360 writing staff includes published authors, former English teachers, award-winning journalists, accomplished bloggers and experienced SEO and social media professionals on staff, all ready to put their skills to work for you.
Supplying the copy? Great – we’ll review it and – with your permission – perhaps make it even better. That means more than catching typos and grammar lapses – it includes altering tone and word choices so the consistent voice of one organization is apparent throughout each section.
Can’t provide some of it? Or any of it? No problem. Our writers will do it for you, so you can focus your time and attention elsewhere.
The expertise of the 360Civic team is interviews, information gathering and writing is what keeps these expansive projects on track, and helps to complete them on time and on budget. Here’s how 360 makes it easy in three simple steps:
1. Initial Meeting
We’ll discuss how the writing component supports the overall objectives of the project. On a municipal site, that might be making it easier for the public to find the information they need. With a school district site, the goal might be taking sections originally written by different department heads and making them more consistent in form and content. Once we know what the end result should be, we’ll be ready to go to work.
Our writing team will schedule brief interviews with the personnel responsible for each section of your website. We’ll review current copy and ask what needs to be expanded, deleted or updated. We’ll discuss options for additional changes, for overall clarification or to improve SEO.
3. Revised Drafts
Following the interview, we’ll create a revised draft incorporating the changes discussed, and email it to you for review. Should additional revisions be necessary, we’ll complete them quickly and to your specifications.
By utilizing this method, we obtain the guidance we need to write dozens, even hundreds of website pages with minimal interference in the day-to-day responsibilities of your personnel.
Creating Additional Content for Municipal Websites
When preparing for a launch or re-launch of a public sector site, the priority is always on the essential pages. That does not account for other components that also enhance its quality and status, such as blogs and whitepapers. We can develop any or all of the following as needed:
- Blogs – Blogs have become an essential aspect of online communication. Whether you need a complex new public policy explained on a municipal site, or a new conservation program introduced at a water district, 360 can create blogs in your "voice" on the topics of your choice – or select appropriate topics for you.
- Whitepapers – Government and public sector sites are consulted by thousands of constituents seeking reliable information on a wide range of subjects. We can research and write whitepapers that bolster your organization as the official authority on a particular topic or service.
- Acknowledgements/Endorsements – Let us help you share the successful results of new programs and initiatives, or promote positive feedback from people who benefit from your programs and services. These may be one-sentence testimonials, or more in-depth ‘before and after’ reviews.
- Technical Papers – Our writing team can deliver a technical paper on any aspect of your government agency or organization.
- Social Media - can be a big driver of traffic to your site. We’ll find ways to incorporate it within the site’s overall presentation.
As a result of this comprehensive approach to the copywriting component of your project, 360 delivers consistent, professional results with as little disruption to your work routine as possible.