A Bigger, Better School District Web Presence
A school district website must serve the diverse needs of students, parents, faculty and administration. It needs to incorporate inter-office communication, announcements of new policies and procedures, upcoming events and activities, and resources for everything from homework to hiring opportunities. San Diego Unified School District utilized two CMS sites but was limited based on the platform being a closed proprietary CMS system.
360Civic was contacted to upgrade and maintain the more than 170 websites connected within the district, by transitioning from a proprietary content management system (CMS) to an open-source and customizable system (Drupal).
The solution needed to accomplish the following tasks:
- Create a revamped web presence with a new design and functionality
- A focus in web design on targeting specific audiences
- Make it easier to update content on the site
- Transfer more than 25,000 pages of pages, forms and other content
- Provide hosting and ongoing support
- Creation of an integrated intranet for district personnel
The features of the solutions delivered included:
- A high-volume website with minimal interruptions and downtime
- User-friendly functionality, platforms and infrastructure
- A new design with a focus on attracting potential students, parents and employees
- Multiple training sessions and ongoing support
360Civic delivered the new system on time and on budget. Among the most notable results:
- Substantially increased system uptime for more than 1 million monthly visitors
- Greater ease of use for district personnel, resulting in more frequent content additions and changes
- A 30% decrease in ongoing training time
- The new intranet increased the number of employee visits by 25%
Time To Revise Your School District Site?
360Civic’s experience in school and school district websites includes award-winning projects that were delivered on time and on budget.