Huntsville City School District Website Redesign Morphs into Long-term Partnership
The hub and central point of communication for a school district is its website. Important information for students, parents, instructors, administrators, and the community at large can all be found within its pages. Unfortunately, organizing, storing and supporting this magnitude of information can overwhelm many websites, making them look cluttered, unorganized and difficult to navigate.
Huntsville City Schools, with its 37 schools and over 24,000 students, utilized 360Civic to replace each of their school’s websites.
The solution needed to accomplish the following tasks:
- Create a new district website and individual school sites that could accommodate large amounts of information available to the public, in a way that was well organized and could be better managed
- Migrate previous content, after conducting interviews with Huntsville staff to review any changes and updates
- The utilization of a dynamic content management system (CMS)
- Working closely with the district webmaster on the completion of a variety of related projects
- Provide training, hosting and ongoing support
The features of the solutions delivered included:
- The creation of a dynamic website with a modern design and user-friendly functionality
- Additional websites to showcase the different schools in the district
- Moving all content to an open source CMS, providing the district with full control over site content
- Training sessions of district personnel to ensure their success in managing content uploads, events and calendars
360 completed every aspect of the project on time and under budget. Among the most notable results:
- Greater ease of use for district personnel, resulting in more frequent content additions and changes
- ADA review to make sure site was in compliance with all government regulations
- Total traffic increased 45% in the first six months, while search engine traffic increased 38%
- The flexible technology platform allows personnel to incorporate advanced agenda, video, mobile and other functionality into one unified system
Time To Revise Your School District Site?
360Civic’s experience in school and school district websites includes award-winning projects that were delivered on time and on budget.